TCASE is committed to shaping educational policies and practices in order to promote superior support services to students with special needs.
The TCASE legislative program outlines the legislative principles and priorities that guide the advocacy efforts. It begins with a member-driven compilation of statements representing TCASE’s cornerstone principles. These principles inform the priorities of the advocacy agenda. TCASE will support or initiate legislation which aligns with the Association’s adopted legislative program.
The TCASE cornerstone principles are listed below.
- Students with disabilities are equal members of the school.
- Students with disabilities have a right to a rigorous educational experience.
- Students with disabilities are best served in and through their local, public schools.
- The ARD/IEP committee is the decision making authority for students with disabilities.
- Adequate and equitable funding is required to provide a quality education to all students.
- Improved student outcomes must be the singular focus of all accountability, compliance and monitoring systems.
- Students with disabilities deserve exceptional staff.
- Whenever possible, disputes between families and schools are best resolved at the lowest administrative level using a variety of resolution techniques.